12th English Corrections

 


 

CORRECTION OF SENTENCES

 


Exercise 1

Nouns

 

1.      His room has no furnitures.                     12636001

(a)  His room has no furniture.

(b)  His room has no pieces of furnitures.

(c)  His room has not furnitures.
(d)  His room has never furniture.

 

2.      I have many works to do. (Board 2014)

(a)    I have a lot of works to do.                   12636002

(b)   I have many work to do.

(c)    I have much works to do.

(d)   I have much work to do.

 

3.      His weight is twelve stones.                      12636003

(a)    His weight is twelve stones.

(b)   His weight is twelve stone.

(c)  His weights are twelve stone.

(d)  His weights are twelve stones.

 

4.      He gave us many wrong informations.

12636004

(a)  He gave us many wrong informations.

(b)  He gave us a wrong information.

(c)  He gave us much wrong informations.

(d)  He gave us much wrong information.

 

5.      Your hairs are white.                                           12636005

(a)    Your hairs are white.

(b)  Your hair are white.

(c)  Your hair is white.
(d)  Yours hairs are white.

 

6.      His trouser is new.                                                12636006

(a)  His trouser is new.      
(b)  His trousers is new.

(c)  His trousers are new.   
(d)  His trouser’s are new. 

 

7.      These informations are wrong.  12636007

(a)  These information are wrong.

(b)  These informations are wrong.

(c)  This information is wrong.

(d)  This information is a wrong.

8.      No equipments are needed.                      12636008

(a)    No equipments are needed.     

(b)  No piece of equipments is needed.

(c)  No pieces of equipments are needed.

(d)  No equipment is needed.

 

9.      The sceneries were very beautiful. 12636009

(a)  The sceneries were very beautiful.

(b)  The scenery was very beautiful.

(c)  The scenery were very beautiful.

(d)  The scene were very beautiful.

 

10.  He gave me a advice.                                            12636010

(a)  He gave me an advice.

(b)  He gave me a piece of advice.

(c)  He gave me advices.

(d)  He gave me many advices.

 

Exercise 2

 

Pronouns

 

1.                   Each one should respect your parents.

12636011

(a)  Each one should respect their parents.

(b)  Each one should respected your parents.

(c)  Each one ought respect one’s parents.

(d)  Each one should respect his parents.

 

2.                  One must do his duty to the nation.

12636012

(a)    One must do one’s duty to the nation.

(b)  One must do his duty to the nation.

(c)  One must do their duty to the nation.

(d)  One must do your duty to the nation

 

3.                  Who do you trust?    (Board 2012) 12636013

(a)    Who does you trust?

(b)   Whom do you trust?

(c)    Who you trust?

(d)   By whom do you trust?

 

4.                  It is I who is to blame.                                       12636014

(a)  It is I who is to blame.

(b)  It is I who am to blame.

(c)  It is me who am to blame.

(d)  It is me who am blame.

 

5.                  The matter is between he and I.  

                                                                        (Board 2014)                       12636015

(a)    The matter is between him and I.

(b)   The matter is between he and me.

(c)    The matter is between him and mine.

(d)   The matter is between him and me.

 

6.                  He is older than me.                                       12636016

(a)  He is older than me.
(b)  He is older than I.

(c)  He is elder than I.

(d)  He is elder than me.

 

7.      The man is my brother who is sitting there.                                                                                     12636017

(a)  The man is my brother who is sitting there.

(b)  The man is my brother whom is sitting there.

(c)  The man whom is sitting there is my brother.

(d)  The man who is sitting there is my brother.

 

8.                   I like such things which are attractive.

12636018

(a)  I like such things which are attractive.

(b)  I like such things which is attractive.

(c)  I like such things who are attractive.

(d)  I like such things as are attractive.       

 

9.                  These two boys hate one another. 12636019

(a)  These two boys hate each other.

(b)  These two boys hate one another.

(c)  These two boys hate one and the other.

(d)  These of two boys hate one another.

 

10.              He availed of the leave.                                  12636020

(a)  He availed of the leave.

(b)  He availed off leave.

(c)  He himself availed of leave.

(d)  He availed himself of the leave.

 

Exercise 3

 

Subject-Verb Agreement

 

1.      Five hundred rupees are not a large sum for this table.                                                             12636021

(a)  Five hundred rupees are not a large sum for this table.

(b)  Five hundred rupees are not large sum for this table.

(c)  Five hundred rupees is not a large sum for this table.

(d)  Five hundred rupees is not large sums for this table.

 

2.      Bread and butter are all that we want.

                                                                                                      12636022

(a)  Bread and butter are we want.  

(b)  Bread and butter are all that we wants.

(c)  The bread and the butter is all that we want.

(d)  Bread and butter is all that we want.

 

3.      The virtuous is respected everywhere.

12636023

(a)  Virtuous are respected everywhere.

(b)  The virtuous are respected everywhere.

(c)  The virtuous is the respected everywhere.

(d)  Virtuous is respected every where.

 

4.      Many a boys were absent today.  

                                                                                                      12636024

(a)  A many boys were absent today.

(b)  The many boys were absent today.

(c)  Many a boy was absent today.

(d)  Many a boys were absent today.

 

5.      You as well as I am going there.

                                                            (Board 2012)                       12636025

(a)    You as well as I am go there.

(b)   You as well as me are going there.

(c)    You as well as I am going there.

(d)  You as well as I are going there.

 

6.      My brother’s only help were his friends.

12636026

(a)  My brother’s only help were his friends.

(b)  My brothers’ only help were his friends.

(c)  My brothers only help was his friends.

(d)  My brother’s only help was his friends.

 

7.      None of you have tried to help me.

                                                                                                                     12636027

(a)  None of you has tried to help me.

(b)  None of you has tried to help I.

(c)  None of you have tried to help me.

(d)  None of your have tried to help I.

 

8.       Neither he nor his brother are at fault.

12636028

(a)  Neither he nor his brother are at fault.

(b)  Neither he nor his brothers is at fault.

(c)  Neither he nor his brother is at fault.

(d)  Neither he nor his brothers are in fault.

 

9.      He is one of those who stands by their friends.                                                                           12636029

(a)  He is one of those who stand by their friends.

(b)   He is one of those which stand by their friends.

(c)   He is one of those who stands by their friends.

(d)  He is one of those who stands by his friend.

 

10.  Politics are his chief interest.         

                                                                        (Board 2013)                       12636030

(a)    Politic is chief interest.

(b)   Politics is his chief interest.

(c)    Politics are his chief interest.

(d)  Politics had his chief interest.

 

Exercise 4

 

Subject-Verb Agreement

 

1.      I went directly to my brother.  12636031

(a)    I went directly to my brother.

(b)  I went directly up to my brother’s.
(c)  I went direct to my brother.
(d)  I went direct till my brother.

2.      I visited many worth-seeing places.  

12636032

(a)  I visited many places worth-seeing.

(b)  I visited many worth-seeing places.

(c)  I visited much worth-seeing places.

(d)  I visited worth-seeing places.

 

3.      The flower smells sweet.             12636033

(a)    The flower is smelling sweet.

(b)  The flower smells sweet.
(c)  The flower smells sweetly.

(d)  The flower is smelling sweetly.

 

4.      This water is very cold to drink. 12636034

                                                                              (Board 2012)

(a)    This water is very much cold to drink.

(b)   This water is cold to drink.

(c)    This water is too cold to drink.

(d)   This water is much cold to drink.

 

5.      He runs very fastly.          (Board 2012) 12636035

(a)    He runs very fast.

(a)    He runs fastly.

(b)   He fastly runs.

(c)    He run fast.

 

6.      I can speak very well English.       12636036

(a)  I can speak well English.

(b)  I can spoke well English.

(c)  I can speak English very well.

(d)  I can speak English very good.

 

7.      Few friends that I have, are sincere to me.                                                                                                    12636037

(a)  A few friends that I have, are sincere to me.

(b)  Few friends that I have, are sincere to me.

(c)  The few friends that I have, are sincere to me.

(d)  The little friends that I had, are sincere to me.

 

8.      It tastes bitterly.                                                   12636038

(a)    It taste bitterly.

(b)  It tasted bitterly.
(c)  It taste bitterness.

(d)  It tastes bitter.

9.      The campaign is not going very well.     

12636039

(a)    The campaign is not going very well.

(b)   The campaign is no going very good.

(c)    The campaign is no going very well.

(d)   The campaign is not going very good.

 

10.  I am much pleased to hear it.       12636040

(a)    I am very pleased to hear it.  (Board 2012)

(b)   I am much pleased to hear it.

(c)    I am pleased to hearing it.

(d)  I am much pleased to hearing it.

 

Exercise 5

Articles and Determiners

 

1.      Rich should help poor.                             12636041

(a)  Rich should help poor.

(b)  Rich should help the poor.

(c)  The rich should help poor.

(d)  The rich should help the poor.

 

2.      The Urdu is an easy language.

                                                                                            (Board 2013)                       12636042

(a)    Urdu is easy language.

(b)   Urdu is an easy language.

(c)    The Urdu is easy language.

(d)   The Urdu is an easy language.

 

3.      Sun rises in east.                                                   12636043

(a)  The sun rises in east.

(b)  Sun rises in the east.

(c)  The sun rises in the east.

(d)  A sun rises in east.

 

4.      The honesty is the best policy. Article

12636044

(a)  An honesty is the best policy.

(b)  The honesty is best policy.

(c)  Honesty is the best policy.

(d)  Honesty was best policy.

 

5.      He answered less questions than I.                                                                                                                            12636045

(a)  He answered fewer questions than I

(b)  He answered lesser questions than I

(c)  He answered a few questions than I

(d)  He answered little questions than I

6.      The both girls are tall. (Board 2013) 12636046

(a)    Both the girls are tall.

(b)   Both of girls are tall.

(c)    The both girls is tall.

(d)   The both of the girls are tall.

 

7.      The gold is a precious metal.       12636047

(a)  A gold is a precious metal.

(b)  The gold is a precious metal.

(c)  Gold is a precious metal.

(d)  Gold is precious metal.

 

8.      Dog is a faithful animal.   (Board 2012, 13)

(a)    Dog is the faithful animal.        12636048

(b)   The dog is the faithful animal.

(c)    The dog is a faithful animal.

(d)   Dog is a faithful animal.

 

9.      I am sorry I have a few friends.                                                                                                                                 12636049

(a)  I am sorry I have the few friends.

(b)  I am sorry I have few friends.

(c)  I am sorry I have a few friend.

(d)  I am sorry I has a few friends.

 

10.  Titanic sank in Atlantic Ocean.   12636050

(a)  Titanic sank in an Atlantic Ocean.

(b)  Titanic sank in the Atlantic Oceans.

(c)  The Titanic sank in Atlantic Ocean.

(d)  The Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean.

 

Exercise 6

 

Comparisons

 

1.      Shakespeare is greater than any dramatist.                                            (Board 2014)  12636051

(a)    Shakespeare is greater than any dramatist.

(b)   Shakespeare is greater than any other dramatist.

(c)    Shakespeare is greatest than any dramatist.

(d)   Shakespeare is more greater than any other dramatist.

 

 

2.      The climate of Murree is nicer than Abbottabad.                                                                      12636052

(a)  The climate of Murree is nicer than that of Abbottabad.

(b)  The climate of Murree is more nicer than Abbottabad.

(c)  Climate of Murree is nicer than Abbottabad.

(d)  The climate of the Murree is nicer than Abbottabad.

 

3.      Higher you go, cooler it is.            12636053

(a)  The higher you go, the cooler it is.

(b)  The higher you go, cooler it is.

(c)  Higher you go, the cooler it is.

(d)  Higher you went, cooler it is.

 

4.      This is the most perfect drawing of Taj Mahal.                                                                          12636054

(a)   This is a perfect drawing of the Taj Mahal.

(b)  This is a most perfect drawing of the Taj Mahal.

(c)  This is the most perfect drawing of the Taj Mahal.

(d)  This is a very perfect drawing of the Taj Mahal.

 

5.      Of the two plans, this is the best. 12636055

(a)  Of the two plans, this is the best.

(b)  Of the two plans, this is the better.

(c)  In the two plans, this is the best.

(d)  Of the two plans, this is good.

 

6.      I ran as fast as I could run.                      12636056

(a)  I ran as fast as I could run.

(b)  I ran so fast as I could run.

(c)  I ran as fast as I could.

(d)  I ran so fast as I could.

 

7.       She is the most ablest girl of the class.

12636057

(a)  She is more ablest girl of the class.

(b)  She is a most ablest girl of the class.

(c)  She is the ablest girl of the class.

(d)  She is the most able girl of the class.

 

8.      Her voice is softer than you.                    12636058

(a)  Her voice is softest than you.

(b)  Her voice is more softer than you.

(c)  Her voice is softer than yours.

(d)  Her voice is softer than you are.

 

9.      This lesson is easier from that.    12636059

(a)  This lesson is easy from that.

(b)  This lesson is easier than that.

(c)  This lesson is easier then that.

(d)  This lesson is more easy from that.

 

10.  The Pakistan Times has the widest circulation of any newspaper.       12636060

(a)  The Pakistan Times has a wider circulation of all newspapers.

(b)  The Pakistan Times has a wider circulation than any other newspaper.

(c)  The Pakistan Times has the widest circulation than any newspaper.

(d)  The Pakistan Times has the widest circulation of any newspaper.

 

Exercise 7

 

Verb Patterns

 

1.      You had better to go home at once.        

12636061

(a)  You had better to go home at once.

(b)  You had better go home at once.

(c)  You have better to go home at once.

(d)  You had better go to home at once.

 

2.      He said he is telling a lie.                          12636062

(a)  He told he is telling a lie.

(b)  He said he will be telling a lie.

(c)  He said that he is telling a lie.

(d)  He said that he was telling a lie.

 

3.      This was going on for a long time. 12636063

(a) This was going on for a long time.

(b)  This is going on for a long time.

(c)  This had been going on for a long time.

(d)  This was gone on for a long time.

 

4.      This book has been printed last year.

12636064

(a)  This book had been printed last year . 

(b)  This book was printed last year.

(c)  This book printed last year.

(d)  This book had printed last year.

 

5.      Would that I was a millionaire.    

                                                                                                                                        12636065

(a)  Would that I have been a millionaire.

(b)  Would that I am a millionaire.

(c)  Would that I were a millionaire.

(d)  Would that I be a millionaire.

 

6.      Do you know where your neighbour works?                                                                                    12636066

(a)  Do you know where your neighbour works?

(b)  Do you know where does your neighbour work?

(c)  Did you know where your neighbour works?

(d)  Do you know where yours neighbour works?

 

7.       Walk fast lest you shall miss the train.

12636067

(a)  Walk fast lest you shall miss train.

(b)  Walk fast lest you had miss the train.

(c)  Walk fast lest you should miss the train.

(d)  Walk fast lest you will miss the train.

 

8.      He speaks as if he is mad.                         12636068

(a)    He speaks as if he is mad.

(b)  He speaks as if he was mad.
(c)  He speaks as if he were mad.
(d)  He speaks as if he has been mad.

 

9.      If he will come, I will help him.  

                                                                                                       12636069

(a)  If he will comes, I would help him.

(b)  If he will come, I will help him.

(c)  If he comes, I would help him.

(d)  If he comes, I shall help him.

 

 

10.   The teacher made me to stand in the class.                                                                                       12636070

(a)  The teacher made me to stand in the class.      

(b)  The teacher had made me to stand in the class.

(c)  The teacher made me stand in the class.

(d)  The teacher made me standing in the class.

 

Exercise 8

 

Prepositions

 

1.      The noise interferes in my work.     

                                                                                                                                            12636071

(a)  The noise interferes for my work.

(b)  The noise interferes with my work.

(c)  The noise interferes about my work.

(d)  The noise interferes in my work.

 

2.      My shirt is superior than yours.  12636072

(a)  My shirt is superior than yours.

(b)  My shirt is superior to yours.

(c)  My shirt is superior from yours.

(d)  My shirt is superior over yours.

 

3.      The pen is to write.                                               12636073

(a)  A pen is to write for.

(b)  A pen is to write on.

(c)  A pen is to write.

(d)  A pen is to write with.

 

4.      I am angry on you.                                               12636074

(a)  He is angry on you.

(b)  He is angry for you.

(c)  He is angry with you.

(d)  He is angry at you.

 

5.      She congratulated me for my success.

                                                                  (Board 2013) 12636075

(a)    She congratulated me upon my success.

(b)   She congratulated me on my success.

(c)    She congratulated me of success.

(d)   She congratulated me at my success.

 

6.      I reached at the station in time.   12636076

(a)  I reached upon the station in time.

(b)  I reached the station in time.

(c)  I reached on the station in time.

(d)  I reached at the station in time.

 

7.      He writes with red ink.                             12636077

(a)  He writes with red ink.

(b)  He writes from red ink.

(c)  He writes in red ink.

(d)  He writes on red ink.

 

8.      He is good of English.

                                                                                            (Board 2012) 12636078

(a)    He is good at English.

(b)   He is good in English.

(c)    He is good with English.

(d)   He is good on English.

 

9.      She met me in the way.                            12636079

(a)  She met me on the way.

(b)  She met me in the way.

(c)  She met me over the way.

(d)  She met me at the way.

 

10.  He resembles to his father.                      12636080

(a)  He resembles to his father.

(b)  He resembles with his father.

(c)  He resembles from his father.

(d)  He resembles his father.

 

Exercise 9

Prepositions

 

1.      Freedom consists of courage.                 

                                                                                                                                                                12636081

(a)  Freedom consists with courage.

(b)  Freedom consists upon courage.

(c)  Freedom consists in courage.

(d)  Freedom consists off courage.

 

2.      She burst in tears.                                                 12636082

(a)    She burst in tears.

(b)  She burst into tears.
(c)  She burst with tears.
(d)  She burst from tears.

3.      We fear from God.                                               12636083

(a)  We fear from God.

(b)  We fear of God.

(c)  We feat with God.

(d)  We fear God.

 

4.      At the end, I got the job.                          12636084

(a)  By the end, I got the job.

(b)  On the end, I got a job.

(c)  At the end, I got a job.

(d)  In the end, I got a job.

 

5.      Please open your book on page 94.

                                                                                                                                                12636085

(a)  Please open your book with page 94.  

(b)  Please open your book in page 94.

(c)  Please open your book on page 94.

(d)  Please open your book at page 94.

 

6.      It is half past five in my watch.

                                                                                                                                                12636086

(a)  It is half past five on my watch.

(b)  It is half past five in my watch.

(c)  It is half past five by my watch.

(d)  It is half past five at my watch.

7.      I bought a book at fifty rupees.

                                                                                                                                                12636087

(a)  I bought a book at fifty rupees.

(b)  I bought a book with fifty rupees.

(c)  I bought a book for fifty rupees.

(d)  I bought a book from fifty rupees.

 

8.      The teacher spoke for bad habits.

                                                                                                                                                12636088

(a)  The teacher spoke in bad habits.

(b)  The teacher spoke with bad habits.

(c)  The teacher spokes in bad habits.

(d)  The teacher spoke about bad habits.

 

9.      There is another side of this question. Preposition                                                                     12636089

(a)  There is another of this question.        

(b)  There is another side for this question.

(c)  There is another side to this question.

(d)  There is another side from this question.

 

10.   I cannot buy it for such a price.  

                                                                                                                                                12636090

(a)  I cannot buy it at such a price.

(b)  I cannot buy it on such a price.

(c)  I cannot buy it with such a price.

(d)  I cannot buy it by such a price.

 

Exercise 10

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      The jury is divided in their opinion.

12636091

(a)  The jury are divided in their opinion.

(b)  The jury are divided in its opinion.

(c)  The jury is divided in their opinion.

(d)  The jury is divided in its opinion.

 

2.      He cannot pull on well with his wife.

(Board 2012) 12636092

(a)    He cannot pull well with his wife.

(b)   He cannot pull on quite well with his wife.

(c)    He cannot pull at well together with his wife.

(d)   He cannot pull upon well with his wife.

 

3.      Who are you expecting now?  

                                                                                                                                        12636093

(a)  Whom you are expecting now?

(b)  Whom are you expecting now?

(c)  Who are you expecting now?

(d)` Who you are expecting now?

 

4.      Hundred years make a century.

                                                                                                                                        12636094

(a)  Hundred years make a century.

(b)  One hundred years make a century.

(c)  H hundred years makes a century.

(d)  A hundred years make century.

 

5.      Walk with care lest you should not fall down.                                                    (Board 2013) 12636095

(a)    Walk with care lest you should fall down.

(b)   Walk with care lest you should not fall down.

(c)    Walk with care lest you should be fall down.

(d)   Walk with care lest you can fall down.

6.      He was ashamed for his misconduct.      

12636096

(a)  He was ashamed on his misconduct.

(b)  He was ashamed of his misconduct.

(c)  He was ashamed over his misconduct.

(d)  He was ashamed to his misconduct.

 

7.      The teacher asked that who had broken the chair.                                                                           12636097

(a)  The teacher asked that who had broken the chair.

(b)  The teacher asked who had broken the chair.

(c)  The teacher asked that who had broken the chair?

(d)  The teacher asked who had broken the chair?

 

8.      He said that he cannot help me.  

                                                                                                                                        12636098

(a)  He said that he cannot help me.

(b)  He said that he could not help me.

(c)  He said that he can not help me.

(d)  He said that he could not helped me.

9.      Do not speak a lie.                                                12636099

(a)  Do not speak a lie.

(b)  Do not say a lie.

(c)  Do not tell a lie.

(d)  Do not tell  lie.

 

10.   He raises very early in the morning.

12636100

(a)  He rises very early in the morning.      

(b)  He rise very early in the morning.

(c)  He get up early in the morning.

(d)  He raise very early in the morning.

 

Exercise 11

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.       He denied to dine with me. (Board 2013)

(a)    He refused to dine with me. 12636101

(b)   He denied dine with me.

(c)    He denied to dine with I.

(d)   He refused to dine from me.

 

2.      He disposed off the case.                         12636102

(a)  He disposed for the case.

(b)  He disposed on the case.

(c)  He disposed from the case.

(d)  He disposed of the case.

3.      If you are short of money you can lend it from me.                                                                          12636103

(a)  If you are short of money you can lend it from me.

(b)  If you are short of money you can lent it to me.

(c)  If you are short of money, you can borrow it to me.

(d)  If you are short of money, you can borrow it from me.

 

4.      None of the two boys has done his work.

12636104

(a)  None of the two boys has done his work.

(b)  None of the two boys have done their work.

(c)  Neither of the two boys has done his work.

(d)  Neither of the two boys have done their work.

 

5.       Either you or I are wrong.          

                                                                        (Board 2013)                       12636105

(a)    Either you or me are wrong.  

(b)   Either you or I is wrong.

(c)    Either you or I am wrong.

(d)   Either you or I are wrong.

 

6.      His handwriting was such which could not be read.                                                                   12636106

(a)  His handwriting was such which could not be read.

(b)  His handwriting was such which could not be reading.

(c)  His handwriting was such as could not be read.

(d)  His handwriting was such as can not be read.

 

7.       He, you and I told the news.

                                                                        (Board 2014)                       12636107

(a)    You, he and I told the news.    

(b)   He, I and you told the news.

(c)    I, he and you told the news.

(d)   You, I and he told the news.

 

8.      Five and five makes ten.                           12636108

(a)  Five and five makes ten.

(b)  Fives and fives makes ten.

(c)  Five and five make ten.

(d)  Fives and fives make ten.

9.      They played football under the rain.      

12636109

(a)  They played football under the rain.

(b)  They played football in the rain.

(c)  They played football with the rain.

(d)  They played football about the rain.

 

10.   The cattle is grazing in the field. 12636110

(Board 2012)

(a)    Cattles are grazing in the field.

(b)   The cattle are grazing in the field.

(c)    The cattle has been grazing in the field.

(d)  A cattle is grazing in the field.

 

Exercise 12

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      She was ill for fever.                                             12636111

(a)    She was ill from fever.

(b)  She was ill with fever.
(c)  She was ill in fever.
(d)  She was ill to fever.

 

2.      The wages of sin are hell.                         12636112

(a)    The wages of sin is hell.

(b)  The wages of sin are hell.

(c)  The wage of sin is hell.

(d)  The wages of sin are hells.

 

3.      I promised my father that I shall never tell a lie.                                                                              12636113

(a)  I promised my father that I would never tell a lie.

(b)  I promised my father that I will never tell a lie.

(c)  I promised my father that I shall never tell a lie.

(d)  I promised my father that I have never told a lie.

 

 

4.      Cow is a useful animal.

                                                                                                                (Board 2014) 12636114

(a)    A cow is a useful animal.

(b)   A cow is an useful animal.

(c)    The cow is a useful animal.

(d)   The cow is an useful animal.

 

5.      Sooner you go, better it is.                       12636115

(a)  The sooner you go, better it is.

(b)  Sooner you go, the better it is.

(c)  The sooner you go, a better it is.

(d)  The sooner you go, the better it is.

 

6.      You are kind on me.                                             12636116

(a)  You are kind with me.

(b)  You are kind for me.

(c)  You are kind to me.

(d)  You are kind from me.

 

7.      Would that I am a king.               (Board 2012)

(a)    Would that I was a king.                      12636117

(b)   Would that I have been a king.

(c)    Would that I were a king.

(d)   Would that I are a king.

 

8.      He will be fined who will come late.       

12636118

(a)  He will be fined who will come late.   

(b)  He will be fined whom will come late.

(c)  He whom comes late will be fined.

(d)  He who comes late will be fined.

 

9.      How do you call this in English? 12636119

(a)  How does you call this in English?

(b)  What do you call this in English?

(c)  What you all this in English?

(d)  How do you call up this in English?

 

10.   Neither of the two sisters got the prize they expected.                                                                12636120

(a)  Neither of the two sisters got the prize she expected.

(b)  Neither of the two sisters got the prize they had expected.

(c)  None of the two sisters got the prize she expected.

(d)  Nor of the two sisters got the prize they expected.

Exercise 13

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      He gave me a ten rupees note.     12636121

(a)  He gave me a ten rupees notes.

(b)  He give me the ten rupees note.

(c)  He gave me a ten-rupee notes.

(d)  He gave me a ten-rupee note.

 

2.      The murderer hanged yesterday. 12636122

(Board 2014)

(a)    The murderer was hanged yesterday.

(b)   The murderer hanged yesterday.

(c)    The murderer was hung yesterday.

(d)   The murdered is hanged yesterday.

 

3.       Muslims are a brave nation. (Board 2014)

(a)    Muslims is a brave nation.        12636123

(b)   Muslims are brave nation.

(c)    The Muslim are a brave nation.

(d)   The Muslims are brave nation.

 

4.      He is busy now, he write a letter. 12636124

(a)  He is busy now, he wrote a letter.

(b)  He is busy now, he is writing a letter.

(c)  He is busy now; he is writing a letter.

(d)  He is busy now; he has written a letter.

 

5.      These three sisters love each other.

                                                                                                                                        12636125

(a)  These three sisters love each others.

(b)  These three sister love each other.

(c)  These three sisters love one an other.

(d)  These three sisters love one another.

 

6.      It is very hot to continue the journey.

12636126

(a)  It is very hot to continued the journey.

(b)  It is so hot to continuing the journey.

(c)  It is much hot to continue the journeys.

(d)  It is too hot to continue the journey.

 

7.      I prefer milk than tea.                              12636127

(a)    I prefer milk than tea.

(b)  I prefer milk from tea.
(c)  I prefer milk to tea.
(d)  I prefer milk on tea.

8.      One of my friends intend to go abroad.

12636128

(a)  One of my friend intends to go abroad.

(b)  One of my friends’ intends to go abroad.

(c)  One of my friends intends to go abroad.

(d)  One of my friends intend to go abroad.

 

9.      What is the last news about the match?

12636129

(a)  What is the later news about the match?

(b)  What are the last news about the match?

(c)  What is the latest news about the match?

(d)  What are the latest news about the match?

 

10.   Sun warms earth.                                                 12636130

(a)    The sun warms earth.

(b)  Sun warms the earth.

(c)  The sun warms the earth.

(d)  Sun warms earth.

 

Exercise 14

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      Mount Everest is the higher mountain of the world.                                                                        12636131

(a)  Mount Everest is the high mountain of the world.

(b)  Mount Everest is the highest mountain of the world.

(c)  The Mount Everest is the biggest mountain of the world.

(d)  The Mount Everest is the largest mountain of the world.

 

2.      She is senior than me.                              12636132

(a)  She is senior to me.

(b)  She is senior from me.

(c)  She is more senior to me.

(d)  She is senior than I.

 

3.      I found that he is guilty.               (Board 2012)

(a)    I found that he is guilty.                       12636133

(b)   I found that he was guilty.

(c)    I found that he has been guilty.

(d)   I find that he is a guilty.

4.      Shall we go there with foot?                    12636134

(a)  Shall we go there with the feet?

(b)  Shall we go there by the feet?

(c)  Shall we go there on foot?

(d)  Shall we go there on feet?

 

5.      She absented from the class.                    12636135

(a)  She absented her from the class.

(b)  She absented herself of the class.

(c)  She absented from the class herself.

(d)  She absented herself from the class.

 

6.      I have passed my Matric in 2008.

                                (Board 2012)                       12636136

(a)    I had passed my Matric in 2008.

(b)   I have done my Matric in 2008.

(c)    I have passed my Matric in 2008.

(d)   I passed my Matric in 2008.

 

7.      He is both intelligent as well as diligent.

12636137

(a)  He is both intelligent as well as diligent.

(b)  He is both intelligent but diligent.

(c)  He is both intelligent and diligent.

(d)  Both he is intelligent as well as diligent.

 

8.      I have just returned back from Lahore.

12636138

(a)  I have just returned back from Lahore.

(b)  I have just returned back Lahore.

(c)  I have just returned from Lahore.

(d)  I just returned back from Lahore.

 

9.      He married to a working lady.   

                                                (Board 2013)                       12636139

(a)    He married a working lady.

(b)   He married with a working lady.

(c)    He married for a working lady.

(d)   He married of a working lady.

 

10.   He speaks neither English or French.

12636140

(a)  Neither he speaks English nor French.

(b)  He speaks neither English or French.

(c)  He speaks neither English nor French.

(d)  He neither speaks English nor French.

Exercise 15

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      He is doing his home task since two hours.

12636141

(a)  He has been doing his home task since two hours.

(b)  He has been doing his home task for two hours.

(c)  He is doing his home task since two hours.

(d)  He is doing his home task for two hours.

 

2.      The fish swim into the river.                    12636142

(a)  The fish swim in the river.

(b)  The fish swims into the river.

(c)  The fish swim at the river.

(d)  The fish swims on the river.

 

3.      Unless you do not work hard, you cannot succeed.                                                                          12636143

(a)  Unless you work hard, you cannot succeed.

(b)  Unless you work hard, you cannot succeeds.

(c)  Unless you do not works hard, you cannot succeed.

(d)  Unless you do not work hard, you can succeed.

 

4.      She is taller of the two.

                                                      (Board 2014)        12636144

(a)    She is taller than the two.

(b)   She is taller of the two.

(c)    She is the taller of the two.

(d)   She is the tallest of the two.

 

5.      The gold is more valuable than the silver.

12636145

(a)  Gold is more valuable than the silver.

(b)  The gold is more valuable than silver.

(c)  Gold is more valuable than silver.

(d)  The gold is valuable than the silver.

 

6.      You should not make noise.                  12636146

(a)  You should not made a noise.

(b)  You should not make noise.

(c)    You should not to make a noise.

(d)   You should not make a noise.

 

7.      Shahzad as well as his friends are present.                                                                                 12636147

(a)  Shahzad as well as his friends be present.       

(b)  Shahzad as well as his friends been present.

(c)  Shahzad as well as his friends are present.

(d)  Shahzad as well as his friends is present.

 

8.      I, he and you are friends.                        

                                                      (Board 2014)                       12636148

(a)    You, I and he are friends.                    

(b)   You, he and I are friends.

(c)    He, you and I are friends.

(d)   I, he and you are friends.

 

9.      He came to take my leave.                       12636149

(a)  He came to get my leave.

(b)  He came to take leave from me.

(c)  He came to take leave of me.

(d)  He came to get leave from me.

 

10.   He go down stairs when I met him.

12636150

(a)  He was going down stairs when I met had him.

(b)  He was going downstairs when I met him.

(c)  He went down stair when I met him.

(d)  He went down stairs when I had meet him.

 

Exercise 16

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      I forbade the children not to tease the beggar.                                                                           12636151

(a)  I forbade the children to tease the beggar.

(b)  I forbade the children not to tease the beggar.

(c)  I forbade the children from teasing the beggar.

(d)  I forbade the children do not tease the beggar.

2.      I stay home in the afternoon.   12636152

(a)  I stay in home at the afternoon.

(b)  I stay at home in the afternoon.

(c)  I stay with home in the afternoon.

(d)  I stay inside home at afternoon.

 

3.      I said that he will pray.                            12636153

(a)  I said that he shall pray.

(b)  I said that he would pray.

(c)  I said that he will pray.

(d)  I said that he will have prayed.

 

4.      He laid in bed till eight in the morning.

12636154

(a)  He laid in bed till eight of the morning.

(b)  He lay in bed till eight in the morning.

(c)  He lain in bed eight in the morning.

(d)  He lied in bed till eight in the morning.

 

5.      No sooner did he leave the room, when it started to hail.                                                                 12636155

(a)  No sooner did he leave the room, than it started to hail.

(b)  No sooner did he leave the room, as it started to hail.

(c)  No sooner did he leave the room, while it started to hail.

(d)  No sooner did he leave the room, then it started to hail.

 

6.      We went to the fair and enjoyed much.

                                                                                                      12636156

(a)  We went to the fair and enjoyed ourselves much.                                            

(b)  We went to the fair and ourselves enjoyed much.

(c)  We went to the fair and enjoyed much.

(d)  We went to the fair and much enjoyed.

 

7.      He is suffering with malaria.                   12636157

(a)    He is suffering for malaria.

(b)  He is suffering with malaria.

(c)  He is suffering in malaria.

(d)  He is suffering from malaria.

 

8.      The blinds deserve our heed.                   12636158

(a)  The blinds deserve your heed.

(b)  The blinds are deserving our heed.

(c)  The blind deserve our heed.

(d)  The blind deserves our heed.

9.      The documents are attached here with.

(Board 2012) 12636159

(a)    The documents are attached with.

(b)   The documents are attached along with.

(c)    The documents are attached in.

(d)   The documents are attached.

10.   There are no place in this compartment.

(Board 2013) 12636160

(a)    There is no place in this compartment.

(b)   There are no rooms in this compartment.

(c)    There is no room in this compartment.

            (d)        There is not place in this compartment.

 

Exercise 17

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      He as well as I is ill.                                              12636161

(a)  He as well as I be ill.
(b)  He as well as I are ill.
(c)  He as well as I am ill.
(d)  He as well as I is ill.

 

2.      He tore away the bill.                                           12636162

(a)  He tore up the bill.

(b)  He tore off the bill.

(c)  He tore into the bill.

(d)  He tore away bill.

 

3.      Where you bought this bag?                    12636163

(a)  Where did you buy this bag?

(b)  Where you bought this bag?

(c)  Where did you bought this bag?

(d)  Where you did bought this bag?

 

4.      I does not remember when I last saw her.

12636164

(a)  I do not remember when I last saw her.           

(b)  I do not remember when did I last saw her.

(c)  I not remembered when I last saw her.

(d)  I not remember when I last seeing her.

 

5.      This is a worth seeing sight. (Board 2013)

(a)    That is a worth seeing sight.     12636165

(b)   This is a sight worth seeing.

(c)    This is worth seeing sight.

(d)   This is a sight seeing worth.

 

6.      Mr. Somervell knew to teach English.

                                                                                                                (Board 2013) 12636166

(a)    Mr. Somervell knew how to teach English.

(b)   Mr. Somervell knew to teach English.

(c)    Mr. Somervell had known to teach English.

(d)   Mr. Somervell was knew to teach English.

7.      We couldn’t help laughing.                      12636167

(a)  We couldn’t help laughing.

(b)  We couldn’t help to laugh.

(c)  We couldn’t help laugh.

(d)  We couldn’t help to have laughed.

 

8.      He always takes pain with his work.      

12636168

(a)  He always takes pains with his work.

(b)  He always takes pain with his work.

(c)    He always takes a pain with his work.

(d)   He always takes many pains with his work.

 

9.      Hardly had he entered the house, then it started to rain.                                                           12636169

(a)  Hardly had he entered the house, than it started  to rain.

(b)  Hardly had he entered the house, when it started to rain.

(c)  Hardly had he entered the house, since it started to rain.

(d)  Hardly had he entered the house as it started to rain.

 

10.   The picture was hanged on the wall.

12636170

(a)  The picture was hanged on the wall.

(b)  The picture hanged on the wall.

(c)  The picture was hunged on the wall.

            (d)        The picture was hung on the wall.

 

Exercise 18

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.       These kinds of book is very useful.

12636171

(a)  These kinds of book is very useful.

(b)  This kind of books are very useful.     

(c)  These kind of books are very useful.

(d)  These kinds of book is very useful.

2.       What is the point for me learning it?     

12636172

(a)  What is the point for me learning it?

(b)  What is the point of my learning it?

(c)  What is the point for my learning it?

(d)  What is the point with me learning it?

 

3.       Any of these two books is good. 12636173

(a)  Any of these two books are good.

(b)  Any of these two book is good.

(c)  Either of these two books is good.

(d)  Either of these two books are good.

 

4.       Pakistan won the final test match by an inning.                                                                                12636174

(a)  Pakistan won the final test match by an innings.

(b)  Pakistan win the final test match by an inning.

(c)  Pakistan winning the final test match by an inning.

(d)  Pakistan won the final test match by a inning.

 

5.       The magistrate gave order for his release.                                                                                  12636175

(a)  Magistrate gave order for this release.

(b)  The magistrate gave orders for his release.

(c)  Magistrate gave orders for his release.

(d)  The magistrate gave order to this release.

 

6.       Bad news usually spread fast.      12636176

(a)  A bad news usually spreads fast.

(b)  A bad news usually spreads fastly.

(c)  Bad news usually spreads fast.

(d)  Bad news usually spread fastly.

 

7.       He knows to drive a car.              (Board 2014)

(a)    He knows drive a car.                          12636177

(b)   He knows how to drive a car.

(c)    He knows to drive in a car.

(d)   He knows driving a car.

 

8.       Neither he reads nor teaches. (Board 2014)

12636178

(a)    Neither does he read nor does he teach.

(b)   Neither he reads nor does he teach.

(c)    Neither does he read nor he teaches.

(d)   He neither reads nor teach.

9.       Where this road leads to?                                    12636179

(a)    Where this road lead to?

(b)   Where this road leads to?

(c)    Where do this road leads to?

(d)   Where does this road lead to?

 

10.   She succeeded because she works hard. 

12636180

(a)  She succeeded because she is working hard.

(b)  She succeeded because she had worked hard.

(c)  She succeeded because she has been working hard.

            (d)        She succeed because she works hard.

 

Exercise 19

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      Each of these two girls are intelligent.

(Board 2014) 12636181

(a)  Each of these two girls is intelligent.

(b)  Each of these two girl is intelligent.

(c)    Each of these girls are intelligent.

(d)   Each of these two girls are intelligents.

 

2.      The rest of the party was there. 12636182

(a)  The rest of the party was there.

(b)  The rest of the party were there.

(c)  Rest of party was there.

(d)  Rest of the party were there.

 

3.      What to speak of luxuries, even comforts were not available there.                              12636183

(a)  What to speak of luxury, even comforts were not available there.

(b)  What to speak of luxuries, even comforts were available there.

(c)  Not to speak of luxuries, even comforts were not available there.

(d)  Not to speak about luxuries, even comforts were available there.

 

 

4.      He gave the test and got first-class marks.                                                                                  12636184

(a)  He had given the test and got first-class marks.

(b)  He gave the test and had got first-class marks.

(c)  He took the test and got first-class marks.

(d)  He gave the test and secured first-class marks.

5.      How could I go unless I have asked your permission first.                                                         12636185

(a)  How could I go unless I was asked your permission first?

(b)  How could I go unless I had asked your permission first?

(c)  How could I go unless I have asked your permission first.

(d)  How could I go unless I asked your permission first.

 

6.      He regards me as brother.                       12636186

(a)  He regards me as his brother.

(b)  He regards me after his brother.

(c)  He regards me with his brother.

(d)  He regards me for his brother.

 

7.      He has not come to work yesterday.       

12636187

(a)  He have not come to work yesterday.  

(b)  He had not came to work yesterday.

(c)  He did not come to work yesterday.

(d)  He has not come working yesterday.

 

8.      All people are not hard-working  . 12636188

(a)  Every people are not hard-working.

(b)  Not all people are hard-working.

(c)  Each people are not hard-working.

(d)  All peoples are not hard-working.

 

9.      He does not know wrong from right.

12636189

(a)  He does not know wrong from right.

(b)  He know not wrong from right.

(c)  He does not know right from wrong.

(d)  He does know wrong from right.

10.   He was the eldest of the two brothers.

12636190

(a)  He was the eldest of the two brothers. 

(b)  He was the elder of the two brothers.

(c)  He was the eldest from two brothers.

(d)  He was the elder than brothers.

 

Exercise 20

 

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      He will not succeed unless he did not work hard.                                                                       12636191

(a)  He will not succeed unless he does not work hard.

(b)  He would not succeed unless he does not work hard.

(c)  He will not succeed unless he works hard.

(d)  He will not succeed unless he has not worked hard.

 

2.      The hen has lain six eggs.                         12636192

(a)  The hen has laid six eggs.

(b)  The hen has lain six eggs.

(c)  Hen has laid six eggs.

(d)  The hen lay six eggs.

 

3.      He is one of the best minister in this country.                                                                             12636193

(a)  He is one of the best ministers in this country.

(b)  He is one of the best minister in this country.

(c)  He is one of best ministers in this country.

(d)  He is one of best minister in this country.

 

4.      In October 11, 2014 I was in Karachi.

12636194

(a)  In October 11, 2014 I was in Karachi.

(b)  In October 11 2014 I was at Karachi.

(c)  On October 11, 2014 I was in Karachi.

(d)  On October 11 2014 I was at Karachi.

 

 

5.      Why you laugh at the poor?                     12636195

(a)  Why do you laugh at the poor?

(b)  Why do you laugh at the poors?

(c)  Why you laugh at poor?

(d)  Why you laugh at the poor?

6.      The wisdom is gift of the heaven.

(Board 2013) 12636196

(a)    The wisdom was the gift of the heavens.

(b)   The wisdom is a gift from the heaven.

(c)    Wisdom is a gift from heaven.

(d)   Wisdom is gift of the heavens.

 

7.      I was asked to say little more.  12636197

(a)  I was asked to say the little more.

(b)  I was asked to say a little more.

(c)  I was asked to said a little more.

(d)  I was asking to say little more.

 

8.      He gave me few rupees.

                                                                                        (Board 2012) 12636198

(a)    He gave me few rupee.

(b)   He gave me much rupees.

(c)    He gave me a few rupees.

(d)   He gave me little rupees.

 

9.      A great many guests was absent.

                                                                                                                                        12636199

(a)  Great many guests was absent.

(b)  The great many guests was absent.

(c)  A great many guests was absent.

(d)  A great many guests were absent.

 

10.   These females have come to sit in the library.                                        (Board 2012) 12636200

(a)    These women have come to sit in the library.

(b)   These female have come to sit in the library.

(c)    Those woman have come to sit in the library.

(d)  Those female has come to sit in the library.

 

 

 

Exercise 21

Mixed Sentences

 

1.      The most of boys are not present. 12636201

(a)  The more of boys are not present.

(b)  Most of the boys are not present.

(c)  Most boys is not present.

(d)  The most of the boy are not present.

 

2.      She was borne in a family of learned people.                                                                                    12636202

(a)  She be born in a family of learned people.

(b)  She was born in a family of learned people.

(c)  She was borne in a family of learning people.

(d)  She was borne in a family of learnt people.

 

3.      I said him goodbye.          (Board 2012) 12636203

(a)    I forbade him goodbye.

(b)   I tell him goodbye.

(c)    I say him goodbye.

(d)   I bade him goodbye.

 

4.      She is lacking of interest in English.

(Board 2013) 12636204

(a)    She lacks interest in English.

(b)   She lacks with interest in English.

(c)    She lacks into  interest in English.

(d)   She lacks for interest in English.

 

5.      Each of the players gave their versions of the story.                                                                        12636205

(a)  Each of the players gave his versions of the story.

(b)  Each of the players gave his version of the story.

(c)  Each of the player gave their versions of the story.

(d)  Each of players gave their versions on the story.

6.      He made the winning goal.   12636206

(a)  He made winning goal.

(b)  He scored the winning goal.

(c)  He make the winning goal.

(d)  He made winning the goal.

 

7.      I have good news of you.                         12636207

(a)    I have good news to you.

(b)  I have good news for you.
(c)  I have a good news for you.
(d)  I have a good news to you.

 

8.      He got angry before I said a word.

                                                                                                                                        12636208

(a)  He got angry before I say a word.

(b)  He get angry before I said a word.

(c)  He got angry before I said word.

(d)  He had got angry before I said a word.

 

9.      He has invited you and I to tea.     12636209

(a)  He has invited me and you to tea.

(b)  He has invited you and me to tea.

(c)  He has invited you and I to tea.

(d)  He has invited I and you to tea.

 

10.   Either he or his brothers are at fault.

12636210

(a)  Either he is at fault or his brothers.      

(b)  Either he or his brothers are with fault.

(c)  Either he or his brothers are at fault.

(d)  Either he or his brothers is at fault.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 


 

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.